Tuesday, March 1, 2016

Currently March 2016


It's March first which means it's time to link up with Farley and talk about what's Currently up with my life.  I hope you'll check out her blog and link up too.


I'm listening to Big Bang Theory from the other room - how I love that show - as I complete today's Currently.  It's been a delightful February here in Colorado.  We've had beautiful weather with about two days exception and actually set some record highs up in the 70's.  This past weekend we actually had the windows open and the attic fan running, clearing out the winter air from the house.  It's been lovely.  March and April are our two snowiest months though, so we'll see what happens over the next few weeks.

We've decided to take my larger SUV on a road trip this summer, so I'm thinking I need to get a tune up before we go.  It's ten years old and although I'm not having any problems, I would be devastated to break down somewhere.  Now the trick is to find an honest mechanic who will be forthright about what really needs fixing up and what doesn't, especially since I'm a woman taking it in.

As for wanting and needing, they are connected...I have so many ideas for projects I want to create, but a lot of them require Photoshop skills and my skill set is so very small.  I try to learn more but it's like learning a foreign language to me.  It's almost complete gibberish.  My husband on the other hand, can do a lot of what I need, but he works long hours, plus he commutes over an hour to work, so my time with him is limited to pretty much the weekends.  Then I hate bothering him over the weekend for stuff related to my work, so it's a real catch-22.

Here most of our polling sites are in middle schools and high schools with the rest in churches.  With the world we live in, I think things need to change but the question then becomes where do polling sites move to?  With all the restrictions on size, location, accessibility, etc. I don't think there are a lot of other options.  Therefore, I think when schools are going to be used as polling places, it should be a day off for students.  What do you think?

  

8 comments:

  1. We've had wonderful weather in southern California as well. I hear that more rain is coming in March so we'll see. We need rain to fix this drought we are in.

    Have a wonderful road trip this summer. I hope you get your SUV all tuned up at a reasonable price.

    Cheryl
    KinderIrick

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you get rain in California, it usually turns into snow by the time it hits us in Colorado. Maybe I can hope for some snow days, although we already had to extend the day by ten minutes because we've used all but one already.

      Delete
  2. I would love to learn Photo Shop, but I just haven't gotten around to learning. I make everything in PowerPoint, and I like that program just fine :) I am with you on more husband time...teaching does not allow much free time after school :(

    Elementary Brown-ies

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I also make everything in Power Point, but I have to use Photo Shop to do some of my graphics work before it goes into Power Point. I wish I could just use Power Point by itself. Good luck finding more time as well. :)

      Delete
  3. I agree about locations for polling places! Ours have been moved to churches now. I wonder if voting online is totally not an option. Surely someone could invent a secure way to do that! Have a great March!
    Carol
    Teachers Are Terrific!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In Colorado almost all of our voting is by mail in ballot now, but with the caucus tonight, that changed things up. At least they waited until 7 PM to run the caucuses so that the kids would be home by the time they started.

      Delete
  4. I am a PowerPoint girl myself, but would also love to take on the challenge of Photoshop. Maybe it would be a good summer project. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm also a Power Point girl, but have to use Photoshop to manipulate & create some graphics before they go into Power Point. My husband wants to hire me a tutor to come over an teach me how to use it better. At least it would be tax deductible. :)

      Delete