Friday, January 1, 2016

Welcome to 2016

I can't believe it's 2016 already.  I'm sure I'll be messing up my checks for the next three months, but it's here, and I'm ready to get it started.  I've linked up with Farley to talk about what's Currently happening in my life.  You can join in on the fun too, by visiting her blog - Oh' Boy 4th Grade.


LISTENING: My husband is marathon watching StarGate: SG1 so I'm listening to old episodes of that show while I sit here working.  I so love Richard Dean Anderson from that show.

LOVING:  I love vacation days when we don't have to wake up early.  I don't have to make lunches, and we don't have any plans.  Sometimes we get things done and are really motivated to knock things off the to-do list, and other days we just bum around the house in our PJs and have fun watching movies and playing games.  It's heavenly.

THINKING:  Tomorrow we are having a Colorado Meet-Up in Denver.  It's a little over an hour drive for me, and I'm nervous around people I don't know too well, so we will see how it goes.  This is only my second TpT Colorado Meet-Up so I'm pretty nervous.  Although I do get to go to the Lego Store and the Container Store afterwards so that makes me ecstatic.

WANTING:  Although I've been hearing everyone else on Instagram and Facebook talking about how warm their Christmas has been, Colorado has been in a prolonged cold-snap.  We haven't been above 40 degrees in weeks, and I'm tired of it.  I already do not handle the cold well, but then to have it be so cold for so long, does not do me well.

NEEDING:  I am in dire need of confidence.  It is something I have suffered with my entire life, and something I desperately want to be better at, but no matter what I try to conquer it, I fail.  I just want to believe in myself.  

ONE LITTLE WORD:  Positivity - It's a bit cliche, but I'm really going to try to be more positive this year in everything I do.  Last year I had an accomplishments board for things related to TpT, but this year I'm going to fill a jar of everything good that happens in every aspect of my life.  I hope to look back at it in a year's time and be amazed at all the goodness that was bestowed on our family throughout the year.  I know I can do this.

    

5 comments:

  1. Happy New Year, Brittany! I have been loving the relaxed atmosphere of Christmas break, but part of me craves our schedule so I know what needs to be done and when. I hope you find the confidence to shine at your Colorado meet-up!
    Storie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck at the Colorado meet up! It is always nerve-wracking but great to meet up with like-minded people. I am sure you will have a good time. I am working on positivity this year too. It's tough!!!

    While I'm here, thank you SO MUCH for providing the TPT rank finder! I just love it and I check it all the time! I love the new graph feature, too.

    Happy new year!
    Kristin
    School and the City

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it's AWESOME that you're conquering your wish to be more confident! Look at you going to meet up with TpTers--how cool is that! I'm cracking up that you're on a high from getting to go to the container store--that would get me excited too! ha ha!! You've got this!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aloha Brittany! I think working on your confidence is wonderful! It's something we can all work on. I tend to be on the shy side and I need to work on being confident to meet new people as well. I'm just no good at small talk! Blogging is how I found some confidence and connected with other like minded teachers. I am originally from Aurora. I was born and raised in Colorado, but never loved the cold weather. I do love to visit though. I hope you have a great time at the meet up and have a Happy New Year!

    Aloha,
    Corinna

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy New Year Brittany! Although I am not a fan of super cold weather, I do love Colorado for skiing! We have been to just about every ski resort there! I love your one word- it is almost the word I chose for this year! Have a great January!
    Carol
    Teachers Are Terrific!

    ReplyDelete