Wednesday, September 2, 2015

It's Currently September

It's the beginning of September and that means it's time to check back in with Farley

and see what's currently happening, as well as complete my own "Currently" post.  I sure hope you'll check out her blog and get in on the fun.

Here's what's currently up with me...

Listening & Loving - I'm listening to my 80's playlist and loving the quietness in the house now that my daughter has gone back to school.  She was starting to get really restless those last couple weeks.

Thinking - Although it ruined our annual Labor Day camping plans, I am taking my daughter to see Taylor Swift this weekend and I am almost as excited as she is, although I'm not allowed to show it.  We've got floor tickets up close to the stage so it should be a great night.  I'm thinking brief blog post with pictures afterwards, so look for that early next week.

Wanting - We could use some more rain at our house.  Our sprinkler system is broken and our lawn is dying as I'm not willing to shell out the money to keep it watered like it needs to be for this arid desert climate.  We're starting to look like "that house" on the block and I hate it.  So rain would be nice, or an early, heavy winter - although I hate the cold and snow - would be good.

Needing - I NEED SLEEP!  Plain and simple, I need more sleep.  This getting up at 6 thing to get the family off to school and work is killing me.  I haven't gotten into the groove yet, and I have some anemia issues that make me more tired than normal, so sleep is highly desired about now.  Can't wait for the weekend so I can catch up on some Z's.

3 Goals - I've been working on a major revision of my math coloring pages so I can offer some interesting bundling options.  It's been about a month long project so far, so I need to get that completed so I can move on.  Secondly, I want to get out of the office once a week or so and volunteer or visit places, just to stretch my legs, see some new sites, get some new ideas, etc.  I start tomorrow by returning to my former school to help two of my former colleagues in their classrooms.  I'm nervous but hope it will be fun and helpful for them.  Finally, I am trying to break my addiction to Pepsi.  I've gotten it down to just one or two a day, which is a big improvement, but I need to get the willpower to finally end the addiction once and for all.    

So, that's what's up with me for now.  How are you handling the move into fall?



8 comments:

  1. Hi Brittany,
    Taylor Swift sounds like so much fun! I hope to be that cool of a mom when my daughter is old enough. :) We've had plenty of rain down here in the Bahamas lately. Everything is flooded. I wish I could send some your way. That sounds like fun to go into your friends' classrooms. I plan on doing the same thing when we get back to Seattle this winter when I'm not subbing or TpTing.
    Joya :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so sorry about the flooding down in the Bahamas. The tropics sure are getting hit hard right now. I hope you have a great time once you get back to Seattle. I've always wanted to visit there.

      Delete
  2. Ohmigoodness, you're going to have so much fun at the Taylor Swift show! I had several friends lucky enough to go when she was recently in Seattle, and they gushed about how amazing the lights and the effects were. She really puts on quite a performance!

    And a quick cheerleader moment for your attempts to kick Pepsi! My family was always a Pepsi family growing up and it can be so hard to develop new, healthier habits (I've been soda free for 7 years and I still miss it!) Give yourself lots of love and support, but stay dedicated! You can do it!

    Lyssa
    An Exceptional Education

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the cheerleading. I certainly need it. My husband just recently kicked the Mountain Dew habit, but he's not helping me much.

      Delete
  3. You are so lucky you get to see Taylor Swift!!! HAVE FUN!!!! :) :) Good luck with the Pepsi. That is TOUGH!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not doing too well with the Pepsi this week, but thanks. :)

      Delete
  4. Have fun at your concert! It should be a great show! I still remember the night Taylor let it rain on her onstage at an awards show! Awesome!
    Carol
    Teachers Are Terrific!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds awesome about Taylor and the rain. I wish I had seen that. I can't wait for Saturday night.

      Delete