Wednesday, May 20, 2015

That Darn Watched Pot

I don't have any glorious new idea or handy trick.  There's no new wisdom here for me to impart.  There simply is an old adage that has raised it's head and is most assuredly reminding me to pay attention...a watched pot never boils.



This particular pot has been simmering for a good week now.  I thought it would boil on Thursday or Friday.  I was pretty confident on Saturday and I was boosting with pride in my pot on Sunday.  Now, now it's Wednesday, and my pot has still not boiled.  Me?  I'm frustrated and tired and feeling quite a bit dejected.

I've tried to not be consumed by the pot.  I've tried to stay busy with other activities.  Yet every single time I've heard a movement, a jiggle, a tinker of metal, I would check it.  And what happens with a watched pot?

It never boils. 

Never.  

E.V.E.R.  

I'm to the point I feel like I'm banging my head into a wall waiting for this pot to boil.  Maybe it's just time to take it off the stove.

No comments:

Post a Comment