Monday, May 4, 2015

Currently it's May

I'm linking up with Farley again to share what's happening this May.  I hope you enjoy checking in on things.



I've got almost 12,000 songs in my i-Tunes and my OCD has me trying to rate them all so I spend most days listening to my i-Tunes on shuffle.  And most of the songs aren't that good.  Yuck!

Even though I'm not teaching anymore and every day is like vacation for me, I'm tired of taking my daughter to school and monitoring homework, putting up with busy-work projects, and going to activities.  I'm ready for the break of summer.

I'm being selfish, but I'd really like to have a good sale on Tuesday and Wednesday.  My sales have steadily gotten better and better, but with the steady decline of the end of the year, I'm not sure what to expect with this sale.  I just hope it's enough to make my May goals early, so I can relax for the rest of the month.

I am very grateful my husband has a job he loves and that he is so needed and in demand, but I could use a few less nights of work per week.  He's been working crazy hours and he commutes about 75 minutes one-way for this job, so when he works until 7 or 8 or even later, it's quite a hassle.  Plus, he's the cook in the family, so we usually end up eating take-out or microwaved food and that all gets a bit old.  I've tried cooking, but my daughter has asked me to never do that again.  I apparently stink at cooking anything except for maybe Kraft mac & cheese.

Finally I expect to do a lot of gardening and yard work this summer.  I am always the one responsible for anything that needs doing outside as my hubby burns easily, plus as I said, he's never home.  I would love to take a trip this summer, but I don't really see it happening, so that's my hope.  And I can't really say anything about my dream, but it's just that - a dream.

I hope you enjoyed reading about my May.  Want to share yours?  Get over to Farley's blog and get going on your own Currently.



1 comment:

  1. Hi Brittany! I'll be staying home too now that I have a new baby. I'm really nervous especially because we'll only have one income now. I hope you get to relax this summer. I hear gardening can be a great stress reliever!

    ReplyDelete