Saturday, April 4, 2015

Currently it's April

I'm back to link up with Farley for Currently again. :)



I hope you enjoy reading what I'm up to this month.


I love, LOVE, L.O.V.E. Garth Brooks!  So I am enjoying some Garth this Saturday morning as I type this.  I recently went to three of his concerts when he came to Denver on his world tour and it was incredible.  Even though he hasn't toured in 17 years, he still has it.



My husband and I just purchased a Sleep Number bed with all the bells and whistles.  They have a 25 year warranty, so we figure we will be going into a nursing home or dead by the time we need another bed so we might as well make sure we have a good one.  I am loving the massage feature, and the fact that the head and feet move up and down, and of course the Sleep IQ, which tells you if you had a good night's sleep and how well you slept.

Lately my mind has been racing ahead to the summer and all I want to accomplish, wishing I could do it right now.  I need to slow down and savor the moments and work on what I can, when I can.

I am having a blog designed by Kristybear Designs and I am eager to have it done and installed.  Hopefully it will be done before Currently in May comes around.

The only thing I need right now is more time with my hubby.  He commutes over an hour to work each way and puts in usually 9-10 hour days, so we have very limited time together as it is.  On top of that he has been working on work stuff most nights and weekends, so he is usually occupied and/or very distracted.  I know he is doing it all for the family, but I miss him and our time together.

I figured my name and my blog/store name are easy enough to figure out, so the only name to explain is my husband's last name - Naujok.  His family comes from Prussia.  Prussia used to be between Germany and Russia.  The family escaped during WW2 and came to America.  It's quite a remarkable story, but that's for another day.  So we say that Naujok is Prussian.  However, I took an Arctic Geography class in college when getting my social studies degree and my professor told me that there is a famous Inuit artist with the same last name.  So whether from east-central Europe or the Arctic, our last name is Naujok and you pronounce it like "Now Look" but change the "L" to a "Y" for "Now Yook"

So that's my April, or at least the start of my April.  I hope you enjoyed it and I hope you return for my next post in the Colorado Classroom.

Brittany


2 comments:

  1. I'm so jealous - a sleep number bed with massage! In my currently, I WANT a good night's sleep!
    :)
    Tamera
    http://www.myheartbelongsinfirst.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. A bed with MASSAGE? Hod do you ever get out of it?!

    ReplyDelete